Sooooooooo! How’ve you been? It’s been a while! things have been good here! I’ve been doing a lot of art, bracelet making and learning new things. These are the 5 things that have been going on here lately:
- BELT BRACELET MAKING! I love it! I took a class from Christy Tomlinson and have been very busy making and selling these beauties – take a look at some of my work below! If you like what you see, I’d love to make you one (or several. Christmas is coming soon! Hint Hint!) I’m having a hug sale for Christmas. All bracelets, no matter what style etc. are $25 shipped! Email me! You can also “LIKE” TeaBags And Gardenias on Facebook to see more.
- WHOLEHEARTED! I went to Charlotte, North Carolina recently for an amazing art-filled, new artsy friend making, photography, creative, yummy food and company weekend at Donna Downey’s Studio. I am still thinking about it and wishing I were back there. It was so impactful to me! Something that was on my bucket list that I got to check off. The artist that taught us was Junelle Jacobsen. The weekend was called “WholeHearted.” I learned so much! Thank you Junelle, Donna and Bill for your passion, compassion and hospitality! I will be back in May for Danielle Donaldson! Woot!
- NEW LOVE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY! I have always liked taking pictures. I use my camera on my phone constantly. I like to say I live my life in pictures and Instagram is one of my most favorite things ever! (teabagsandgardenias is my Instagram account name – Follow me!) Lately I’ve been using my DSLR camera though and learning to take good photos. Its a blast and I’ve been so pleased with the shots I’ve taken so far. You can see some of my shots below. Junelle took us out to a plant nursery while we were in North Carolina. She is a photographer and shared some very good tips and tricks!
- SKETCHING & WATERCOLOR! I have been so busy with the bracelet making that I had not picked up a pencil in ages. During that weekend away at WholeHearted I got to renew my love for watercolor. I’m not great at it by any means but I’m practicing my sketching skills and water color skills again and I love it! I missed it so much! There is not enough time in my day to do all the things I want to do and sometimes things I love fall along the wayside. I’m trying my best to do at least one sketch a day. Anything. Little, big, simple, complex….anything. Practice is so important. I’ve come so far in a year.
- PRAYER!!!!!!! Constant prayer! I have so many people on my prayer list. SO.MANY. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger. ISIS, EBOLA, friends battling cancer, unemployment, addiction, abortion, assisted suicide (Brittany Maynard in particular), other major health issues family and friends are battling, upheaval in Ferguson, MO, Enterovirus D68, I could go on and on. It all seems so overwhelming but with prayer and the Lord, we are GOOD! Please pray with me! Have a great weekend y’all! Love and blessings, till next time, Michelle